YMCA Of Sudbury Employment Services - View Job
*This job has already closed*
Registered Early Childhood Educator and Assistant Educators
YMCA of Sudbury
Posted on Jul 11 2016
Closes on Aug 31 2016
Sudbury is a dynamic charity dedicated to strengthening
the foundations of communities by offering opportunities for personal growth,
community involvement and leadership. We have been offering programs and
services to the Greater Sudbury community since 1936! Today, we employ more
than 70 full-time professionals and up to 250 part-time and seasonal staff.
YMCA of Sudbury offers programs and services in five areas: Child Care, Camping
Services, Health and Fitness, Employment Services and Newcomer Services.
We are currently looking for Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) and Assistant Educators to join our team of committed professionals. This is a part-time position within the Association. Under the leadership the Child Care Supervisor, the RECE and Assistant Educator will ensure the delivery of a high-quality, educational, play-based programming for children from infancy to 12 years of age. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the overall health, safety and well-being of the children and embrace the YMCA Mission, Vision and Values, adhere to the YMCA Policies, Procedures, Best Practices as well as the Ministry of Education's Child Care Early Years Act and DSSAB (Municipal) Quality Assurance Program.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Professional working experience with children and youth;
- Early Childhood Education Diploma (for the RECE position);
- Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators and or otherwise approved status from the Ministry of Education;
- Current Standard First Aid and Level C CPS Certification;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of the Child Care Early Years Act;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Bilingualism considered an asset); and
- Certification in YMCA Playing to Learn and Healthy Childhood Development considered an asset.
- Plan and implement fun, play-based and interactive, child focused programming that promotes the development of children based on the YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum and philosophy;
- Assess the skills, abilities, interests, and needs of the children while following the YMCA`s National Curriculum and School-Age Program;
- Adhere to the Ministry of Education Child Care and Early Learning Years Act and ELECT Framework;
- Maintain a professional and positive relationship with all the YMCA staff, parents/guardians, School Board staff and community partners; and
- Ensure a safe, secure, organized and clean program area at all times.
How to Apply:
If you would like to work in a family friendly environment, send us your cover letter and resume to the attention of:
Please ensure that your cover letter and resume both specify the job title of the position that you are applying for.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Vice President of HR.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check for review prior to starting employment.
Please note that candidates invited for an interview will be required to submit three references; two of which must be professional references.
YMCA of North Bay/Sudbury is an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment. All of our employees and job applicants will be promoted or employed solely on the basis of their abilities and qualifications.