Job Search Tips
How can I maximize my job search?
- Highlight skills and experiences that would make you a good candidate.
- Research the employer and their business by visiting their website.
- Remember that word of mouth is always an effective way to let others know that you are looking for work.
- Never give up. Keep a positive attitude while doing your job search and remember that many no's will eventually lead to a yes.
- Take a look at JOB POSTINGS section on the website.
- Keep searching even if you think that an offer is impeding. Sometime things do not go as planned and if you have nothing to fall back on; you will put yourself at risk of not finding employment.
- Tell people you know about your qualifications and skills and ask them to keep an eye out for you. Ask old colleagues, family, and friends for suggestions on where you might find unadvertised jobs and companies that are hiring.