Ontario Disability Support Program
The Ontario Disability Support Program at YMCA of Sudbury Employment Services will help you prepare for employment by providing you with the support needed for your success.
If you are a person with a disability and are interested in working full-time or part-time, talk to an Employment Supports Specialist at ODSP about the program and check out our services. If you have not already completed an ODSP application for Employment Supports, come see us or ask your ODSP Caseworker. Your worker or our Employment Consultant will be happy to help you complete the application.
Employment Planning Services:
- Providing one-to-one counseling to identify employment goals
- Guiding you through career exploration tools to determine your interests and strengths
- Creating a marketable resume
- Preparing you to do your best at interviews
- Providing workshops on employment-related topics such as Customer Service, Employer Expectations, Resolving Conflict or others, as needed
- Job search planning and support
- Assistance with Internet job search
- Access to computers, Internet, photocopying and faxing services
Job Developer Assistance:
- Talking to employers about available jobs
- Developing employment opportunities where employers may have needs
- Presenting your resume to employers, highlighting your specific skills and abilities
- Arranging for interviews and attending with you, when needed
- Negotiating workplace training subsidy and contract – YMCA has access to a variety of different funding opportunities that encourage employers to give you a chance
- Assisting with initial job accommodations or modifications
- Job Coaching services to support you when learning new work tasks; transportation orientation
- Assisting with accommodations or modifications, if need arises on the job
- On the job follow-ups with you and your supervisor; assistance with problem-solving for issues that come up at work
- After you have completed thirteen weeks of employment, you will receive another 15-33 months of support on the job – we are with you for the long haul!