FIT TIP OF THE WEEK: December 22-28, 2014
Don't just add years to your life, add LIFE to your years!
Beginning the Journey to Balanced Health and Fitness:
Your journey to a balanced health and fitness lifestyle is no different than the beginning of any other journey. To be healthy for a lifetime, the journey takes a lifetime. There are no short cuts to this trip, because short-term fixes are just that: short term. However, to stay healthy and fit isn't as hard as many people think. Once you get the hang of it, a healthy lifestyle simply becomes your lifestyle. In order to achieve balanced health and fitness, here are 5 strategies to guide you in the right direction as you start your journey.
1. Start Small: Moderation is key. Take moderate steps in phasing out items that you would normally indulge in or things you would normally not participate in. For example, making healthier choices in foods.
2. Plan Modestly: Setting goals is a great way to stay on track. However, keep them manageable. If you set your goals too high, you'll get frustrated and disappointed if you don't achieve them. Start with daily goals and work your way up to weekly, monthly and yearly.
3. Recruit a Friend: A good support group can make all the difference when it comes to any lifestyle change. Not only will you have someone to keep you accountable, sharing your triumphs and occasional setbacks with a friend will make your journey smoother and even, dare I say it...more fun!
4. Have Discipline: This one step can really make or break your plans to live a healthy lifestyle. In order to stick to your plans, you need to develop self-discipline, especially when it comes to changing the unhealthy habits you have picked up. Fortunately, with self-discipline comes self-confidence.
5. Do it Yourself: Make sure what you are doing is primarily for you...You'll Be HAPPY You Did!
YMCA Member Success Story
This month's Member Success story comes from Sandra Ross.
"We are the only centre in the North Eastern region to offer a TRX Core Challenge. I encourage all members to take a TRX class and learn the fundamentals of TRX suspension training as it will take you to a new level of functional fitness. We are very fortunate at the Sudbury YMCA to be able to offer this training to our members. As a staff member at the Sudbury YMCA, I am honoured to teach this class!" - Sandra
Read the full story here!
Holiday Programming Guide
Happy Holidays from everyone at the YMCA of Sudbury! We hope your holidays will be filled with joy and laughter through the New Year!
Download your copy of the 2014 Holiday Programming Guide to keep up to date on what's happening at your YMCA.
Holiday Hours of Operation
Monday, December 22—5:30am-10pm