FIT TIP OF THE WEEK: NOVEMBER 24-30, 2014
Healthy Eating For The Holidays
With Christmas just a month away, we are all busy with holiday food preparation ranging from planning party meals to planning meals at home for the holidays. Admittedly, many of us struggle with the guilt of overeating during the holidays and the extra pounds that go along with it. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy the extras.
1. Try planning your meals with healthy options in mind.
2. Eating a healthy snack before your meal will make overindulging less of a challenge.
3. We all like to indulge in the extras at Christmas so downsizing both your dinner plate and dessert plate can make portion control a little easier while still allowing you to enjoy those foods you wouldn't normally have.
4. Be realistic. Indulge but do so moderately.
5. Balance your day. Try to make exercise a part of your day even if it is a 20 minute walk or a shorter workout at the Y but try to find the time to fit exercise in. It will both energize you and help with stress.
If you need added support, our Y Weight program is a huge success. We offer two classes per week, one on Tuesdays and one on Wednesdays. To catch your interest, I can tell you that in the first six weeks, our Tuesday group collectively lost 43 pounds. That group has a new goal of losing an additional 45 pounds until the week before Christmas. It is so exciting! Our Wednesday group is enjoying much success as well and have collectively lost 19 pounds. We would love to have you join us for an informative, casual and fun class once a week.